Disaster at the wig storeThey love the smile on my face
I want to tell you about a great experience I had with wigs at home. I never thought I would feel good again because of the way I looked, but thanks to the wigs at home company I do.
Before I called them I went to a wig store and purchased a wig I felt uncomfortable with just to have something to cover my head. It didn't suit me at all and it was uncomfortable to wear. The wig store would not exchange it or refund my money. The oncologist I was using recommended I call wigs at home. He mentioned that other patients of his had success with this company, so I called.
The appointment took place in the more familiar, comfortable surroundings of my own home. Allowing me this privacy was so much more relaxing and enjoyable compared to the disaster from the wig store. He listened to my concerns and feelings. We shared stories of what I was going through and some personal stories of his own. I felt confident in his recommendations, the style, color and quality were every thing he said they would be.
My friends asked me if I had gone to a new hairdresser, they have never seen my hair look so good. Everyone in my family loves the way I look but most of all they love the smile on my face because I love the way I look.
Thank you again,
I thought I would drop you a note to express my appreciation. I really loved the fact that you came to my house for a consultation and fitting instead of me sitting in some wig store.
I found you and your employees to be very compassionate and caring. After our conversation you selected the best style and color to match my own hair. Your professionalism and punctuality was refreshing. No one is aware that I am wearing a wig! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
Happy with my wig
I am writing to let you know how happy I am with my wig. You made me feel very comfortable with my choice, we both agreed it seemed to me to be a bit youngish. The wig we chose had straight hair and my natural hair was curly. After I put it on I was told I did look ten years younger as you said I would. My children and husband loved the new me.
I've received so many compliments on my look, no one realized it was a wig. The funniest comment was from an oncologist who thought I had gotten a make-over, imagine that. We shared a laugh as I told him it was a wig, of all people he should have known.
I Appreciate Your CompassionJust what I needed
Thank you ever so much for the lovely wig. Its really beautiful and just what I need at this stage of my recovery.
I appreciate all your kindness in my time of need, especially the effort you put into getting the right wig for my shape face. I know god will bless you for act of compassion.
GOOD ARTICLE FROM JOHN HOPKINSCancer Update from Johns Hopkins
AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY ('TRY', BEING THE KEY WORD) TO ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY.
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3 When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply..
*CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses, but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer cells are being starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines becomes putrefied and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the bodies own killer cells to destroy cancer cells.. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, un-forgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
1. No plastic containers in micro.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.
Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Cast le Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Pa per isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.
My occurrence with you and your company, Wigs at Home, was a surprisingly incredible experience. You made this much more enjoyable compared to visiting a wig store. I had gone to see or spoken to some of the store front wig shops but I felt much more comfortable having you come to visit me at my house. You actually listened to my concerns and the way I was feeling. You understood how I wanted to look. There was no high pressure sales pitch as there was in the wig shops. We had a calm honest exchange of ideas.
The wig style and color you recommended for me was perfect and It looks great. Everyone, my family and friends loves the way I look. Most of all, I love the way I look and feel now and at this stage in my life that's very important.
Thank you again,