Feel and look beautiful with a natural looking wig that is guaranteed to fit perfectly.
One of the most visible side effects of cancer treatment is hair loss. It occurs at varying rates, depending on the individual and their treatment. The emotional effects of hair loss can be difficult for many patients. If you do experience hair loss, it is important to make sure you do whatever makes you feel comfortable. One option to consider is to get a short haircut, which can make the experience a little less stressful. According to the American Cancer Society, seeing your hair fall out all over your shoulders can be a lot more traumatic than seeing short hair fall out.
The good news is that hair almost always grows back after you finish your treatment.
Most women who lose their hair due to cancer treatment or alopecia end up choosing to wear a wig. Wigs at Home can help you find a customized high-end wig fitted for your unique proportions that will help you feel confident.
Hair loss usually begins seven to twenty-one days after chemotherapy starts and usually grows back within six months after the last treatment. We recommend using a wig because it helps our clients feel better about themselves, worry less about their appearance during a difficult time, and feel more confident.
Wigs At Home delivers a custom-fitted wig where you are most comfortable – in the privacy of your own home.
Our wigs are so natural-looking that even your husband won’t know you’re wearing one! Wigs At Home specializes in wigs for cancer patients, alopecia patients, and anyone who needs a high-quality wig.
We provide service to cities in Miami-Dade County. If you are anticipating or experiencing hair loss from chemotherapy, radiation, alopecia, or natural causes, Wigs At Home will provide you with an expertly styled and custom fit wig that looks natural.
Wigs At Home was founded in New York City 17 years ago by veteran hair stylist and colorist Stephen Kushner. With over 40 years of experience, his resume is a “who’s who” in the hair industry, and his clients have included top Hollywood stars. He only hires expert stylists from the top salons in the United States and abroad. Our team will guide you through the different types of wigs and their construction, so you can make an educated decision and select the right wig for you.
Our Southeast Florida wig stylist, Cynthia Varon was trained at Manhattan’s John Sahag Salon – one of the top hair salons in the world. Cynthia has also been involved with hair and wig styling for fashion shoots for top magazines, like Vogue. She is an expert stylist and will make you look fabulous.
Providing Cancer Wigs, Chemo Wigs and Alopecia Wigs for Miami Residents
Best Wigs For Cancer Patients in Miami, FL:
Our real, human hair wigs are made from the finest hair and feel soft and silky:
- They are luxurious, durable, and long-lasting.
- They can be stylized and reset with curling irons or hot rollers and can even be styled straight.
- They are very light and comfortable
Our synthetic hair wigs look very natural – you cannot tell they are not real hair!
- They are very easy to maintain when it comes to washing.
- They return to their original style when they dry.
- They’re also very comfortable.
- They’re more affordable than human hair wigs.
When it comes to human hair wigs, we have short, medium, and long hair styles which can be either straight, wavy, or curly. For synthetic wigs we have every length and a variety of hair textures, including wavy, straight, or even pixie-cut. Our baseball caps come in black or beige and are chin or shoulder length. Our natural eyebrows come in a variety of colors and have four different shapes.
About our Private Wig Consultations and Fittings in Miami, Florida
Wigs At Home sends an expert stylist to your home for a free consultation that will feel safe, private, and comfortable. If you prefer, we can also see you in our salon. Our stylists will educate you on the different types of wigs and why one type may work better for you than another. Our wigs will make you feel at ease, forgetting that you are even wearing one!
We will help you choose a style that matches your existing look or work with you to create something new. Maybe there was a look that you have always dreamed of, but didn’t have the right hair texture naturally to achieve it. We have the same approach when it comes to color: single process, highlights, or even rooted hair colors are all available.
FAQs about Shopping for Wigs in Miami, FL
Where is the best place in Miami to get wigs for cancer patients?
Wigs at Home is the best place to buy a wig because we have seventeen years of experience working with cancer patients. We will help you choose a wig in the privacy of your own home.
What areas of Miami do you cover?
We cover North Miami, South Miami, and Miami proper.
Can you match my hair color?
Yes, we can match your wig to your natural hair color. It will be an easy transition from your hair to the wig.
Will the wig look natural?
Yes, it absolutely will look natural. If you’re not satisfied, we will help you find a wig that works for you.
Do you come to my Florida home to fit the wig?
Yes, Wigs at Home mission is to make our clients feel happy and help them choose a wig in a safe, comfortable environment in their own home.
What geographic areas outside of Miami do you cover?
We cover Palm Beach to Miami, which includes Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Dade County.
What should I look for when I’m fitted for a wig?
- You should make sure it fits comfortably
- It should look natural, not like a wig
Do you sell head covers, toppers or hats?
Wigs At Home does sell toppers and hats with hair attached.
Do you carry human hair wigs?
Yes, we carry a wide range of human hair wigs.
Areas We Serve in Miami, FL
We cover the entire Miami area, which includes the surrounding neighborhoods of Allapattah, Aventura, Wynwood, Downtown Miami, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Coral Gables, Little Havana, Brickell, Coconut Grove, Little Haiti, Bricknell, and Edgewater.
Cancer Rate in Florida
- https://cancerstatisticscenter.cancer.org/#!/state/Florida: In 2021, there were over 20,000 cases of breast cancer among women, over 19,500 cases of prostate cancer, and over 18,000 cases of lunch or bronchus cancer.
- The top three leading causes of cancer in Florida are breast cancer, prostate, and lung or bronchus.
- From 2013-2017, the percentage of lung and bronchus cancer was 57.7 percent, which then rose in 2014-2018 to 37.5 percent.
- From 2013-2017, the percentage of breast cancer among women was 118.3. But from 2014-2018, it fell to 37.5 percent.
- Florida has the second highest cancer burden in the US.
- Since 2014, cancer has been the leading cause of death after heart disease.
- The ten most common cancers (which are most receptive to prevention and early detection) include breast, cervical, childhood, colorectal, lung, lymphoma, oral and pharyngeal, ovarian, prostate, and melanoma of the skin.
- The median charge per cancer hospitalization for all cancers in 2015 was $67,471.
About Miami, FL
- The first inhabitants of Miami were Native American settlers known as the Tequestas, who called the area “Mayaimi”. Spanish colonists first arrived in 1566 to rule over the land.
- When the US purchased Florida, it was eventually named the “Village of Miami”.
- Miami is a leading resort and Atlantic Ocean port located on Biscayne Bay near the Miami River.
- The Everglades are located in the west.
- The city includes the areas of Miami Beach, Coral Gables, Hialeah, North Miami, which altogether make up the southern section of the “Gold Coast”.
- Over 70 percent of the population is Hispanic/Latino.
- Landmarks include The Miami Seaquarium, Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Bayside Market, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, and Jungle Island.
- Local outdoor activities include scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, windsurfing, and sportfishing.
- Miami’s professional sports teams include the Miami Marlins, Miami Dolphins, and Miami Heat.
Useful Cancer Resources
- American Cancer Society in Florida: https://www.cancer.org/about-us/local/florida.html
- Miami Cancer Institute: https://cancer.baptisthealth.net/miami-cancer-institute/patient-support/support-groups-and-events
- University of Miami Cancer Support Services: https://umiamihealth.org/en/sylvester-comprehensive-cancer-center/cancer-support-services
- Cancer Research Institute: https://www.cancerresearch.org/en-us/patients/free-resources-support-answers/helpful-links
- Florida Breast Cancer Foundation: https://www.floridabreastcancer.org/
- Gilda’s Club South Florida: https://gildasclubsouthflorida.org/